The world is in the midst of digital transformation. IT leaders need a secure cloud platform to deliver insights to enrich customer experiences, protect data and exceed service expectations. As businesses adapt to capitalize on digital, trust is becoming the currency that drives this new economy.
IBM is seeking an IBM Z Systems Architect to lead and engage with our clients in their Digital transformation journey. We are embarking on an exciting journey to transform the experience on IBM Z by embracing disruptive technologies spanning all aspects of development. This job is based in Cairo and can include travel in the MEA region and other assigned markets.
The candidate should have in-depth technical skills of the IBM Z platform and be conversant with both technical and business views of our client’s business/industry (e.g. Government and Financial Services). This role requires a mature individual who is able to collaborate within IBM technical sales organization and engage with senior client executives.
You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of IBM Z across all industries. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven demonstrated track record in breakthrough technical pre-sales.
Your personal contributions and technical leadership are demonstrated by deals closed that addresses our client’s business problems and the adoption of IBM hardware, software and services on the IBM Z platform.
- Deliver new first of a kind (FOAK) and complex high-quality client solutions in new and existing clients.
- Drive revenue growth in collaboration with country sales teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient IBM Z client solutions.
- Contribute and lead country teams to maintain and grow our existing installed base.
- Apply effective, efficient and successful use of IBM technical resources to develop innovative solutions that addresses the client’s business requirements.
- Act as the client’s technical advocate and thought the leader in advanced digital transformation, cloud-based solutions and workloads modernization projects.
- Contribution of technical givebacks to the MEA IBM Z Technical community.
- Provide expert technical knowledge in complex large Enterprise Systems client engagements for hardware and software.
- Actively use social media channels to reach out to the business community and build our brand.
Required Technical and Professional Experience
The candidate is likely to be an experienced professional with more than 10 years’ experience in the industry. He/she should be conversant with both business and technical views of enterprise architecture and the associated needs of data and business processes.
- Knowledge of the industry with broad understanding of the enterprise vision and the competition (platforms, processes and architectures).
- In-depth knowledge of leading-edge products and technology in conjunction with industry and business skills to influence functional strategy.
- Knowledge of IBM Systems (IBM Z and z/SW) portfolio solutions.
- Deep understanding of the IBM Z ecosystem.
- A catalyst, translator and thought leader that brings about breakthroughs to a business challenge.
- Creative problem solver and the ability to translate business requirements into a technical solution.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and solutions that addresses technical challenges.
- Passion for technology and a relentless desire for continuous learning.
- Exhibits drive and effectiveness that excels in a team environment.
- Recognized professional in the industry with contributions in social media and public events/conferences.
- BSc Degree
- Fluent in English, French is a big plus
- Strong written communication skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we are building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents. For more information, visit www.ibm.com.