IBM Z Technical Sales is seeking a Client Technical Sales Professional (CTP) to lead and engage in IBM Z DevOps opportunities. The job will require travel.
Candidate should have technical skills and a understanding of IBM Z ecosystem, IBM DevOps solutions portfolio and open source DevOps tools. A working background with mainframe and distributed application development projects is highly beneficial.
This role is an integral part of our sales organization and works closely with the sales team to identify and progress opportunities. The candidate is expected to identify and use demos, POTs, and other sales assets, plan and perform POCs, collaborate with sales on competitive strategies, organize and facilitate solutioning workshops, and deploy other technical accelerators to help effectively drive opportunities towards a win. He/she is expected to position IBM Z DevOps solutions and differentiate from competition within the context of a customer’s Digital Transformation initiative.
This role requires a mature highly motivated individual who can collaborate with country teams across the MEA region and with our WW teams. He/she will be required to lead technical sales engagements with customers and liaise with senior client executives.
- Execute Technical Accelerators such as: presentation, demonstration, client discovery workshops, Proof of Technology and Proof of Concepts.
- Engaging deployment team to review key deployment milestones, architecture & design, installation and production setup.
- DevOps subject-matter technical expert to validate proposed client solution and customer requirements.
- Supports sales team on prospect customer conference calls, WebEx and onsite visits.
- Leads technical response to Request for Proposal and Request For Information (RFI) by writing clear responses to commonly asked questions and gathering answers from other internal technical experts.
- Supports business partner teams by participating in technical calls and meetings with prospective customers.
- Ideal candidate will have working experience on IBM Z platform.
- Experience within z/OS environment and its subsystems and tools.
- Application development tools and languages on IBM Z.
- Technical consulting/Technical sales/ Technical Architecture experience in application development, testing and deployment.
- Consultative skills and successful industry solution and complex architecture project implementation experience.
- Experience working with international clients
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we are building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents. For more information, visit www.ibm.com.