IBM is looking for a Systems Group: Client Technical Sales Specialist with Focus for Linux One on IBM Z (Mainframe).
This role will be responsible for the IBM Z Linux ONE (Mainframe) in MEA
The Client Technical Sales Specialist – IBM Z is responsible for developing solutions that address our client’s business needs and deliver client value together with our Cloud/Software Architects.. The Client Technical Sales Specialist will work to create solutions which are tailored to client’s business needs and integrate the capabilities in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition. In this role, it is essential to be able to apply industry specific knowledge and experience to bring new business and technology insights to assigned clients.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Winning new customers on the Linux ONE Platform
- Leading pre-sales activities for clients in IBM System z in South Africa
- Leading solution architect in mainframe area incl. storage/tape and other integration of other platforms
- Leading solution architecture for projects in IBM Z with Linux ONE
- Active support/lead of projects and Proofs of concepts
- Support/presentation and holding presentations with existing and new clients
- Developing and proving the Systems infrastructure value proposition through using hands on technical accelerators and methods with clients
- Leveraging the local ecosystem of ISV’s,BP and services providers to increase our value and capability
- Teaming with and leveraging the IBM client team and solution units to support in a whole out clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BSc Degree
- Huge interest and if possible experience on IBM z platform, particular in Linux – system programming up to engineering.
- Huge interest if possible experience in knowledge of the solutions on the platform
- Huge interest if possible experience in design thinking and or agile methods.
- Will to be long-term in this unit also to leverage the learning effort
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
- Fluent in English, Arabic or French is a big plus
If you are excited about the oldest and best server platform in the world with a proven technical consultative background we want to talk to you.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we are building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents. For more information, visit www.ibm.com.