Position: Operations Lead
This is an exciting Riyadh-based opportunity for an individual passionate about making a direct impact on the entrepreneurship and startup community in Saudi Arabia. You will be managing the day-to-day operations of our new coworking space in Riyadh and will be the lead liaison between our member companies and the government entities needed to license them in Saudi Arabia. In addition to that, you will also support in coordinating inspiring community events, as well as manage other community needs and requirements.
1. Company Licensing Management:
- Support international entrepreneurs and companies to get licensed in Saudi Arabia by facilitating the setup process with various government entities (e.g., SAGIA, Ministry of Commerce, and Chamber of Commerce)
- Manage the pipeline of companies interested in setting up by answering their questions, following up on interest, and finalizing an agreement with the preparation of an invoice
- Handle client needs & issues that arise throughout the setup process
- Maintain a CRM with what stage each company is at in the licensing process, updating the clients and the AstroLabs team on progress.
2. Riyadh Coworking Space Management:
- Manage day-to-day needs of the members, including onboarding new members
- Conduct potential member tours and follow up
- Liaise with suppliers to keep the space fully stocked and ready
- Ensure reliability of overall IT related matters (internet, printers, etc.).
- Report & resolve maintenance issues
3. Events Support:
- Assist with selection of speakers and coordination of logistics of high value events in Riyadh like what we currently run in Dubai (astrolabs.com/events)
- You are super structured with exceptional organizational skills and thrive on making a complex operation run like a well-oiled machine
- You have an eye for details and obsess about getting things done just right
- You are comfortable following up with government offices and building close relationships with the gatekeepers at these bodies to ensure companies get licensed as quickly as possible
- You’re proactive and quick. You know how to take ownership, delegate responsibilities, and close the loop to get things done
- You communicate clearly in a structured manner when writing and speaking
- You are extroverted, driven, and full of energy with a serious ‘make it happen’ attitude
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about entrepreneurs and start-up community.
- You are always open for learning and self-development.
- Native fluency in Arabic and high proficiency in English
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps
AstroLabs is a leading coworking space and digital learning academy on a mission to create a thriving startup ecosystem in the MENA region.
AstroLabs Communities operates two coworking spaces in Dubai and is opening a new location in Riyadh as the first foreign licensed incubator in Saudi Arabia. Our spaces serve as a launchpad for top entrepreneurs to establish a local presence and scale up globally. We are a community of entrepreneurs representing over 120 startups building a variety of innovative companies.
AstroLabs Academy delivers specialized courses on topics in digital business including digital marketing, coding, analytics & big data, UX design, and business development. We regularly run open classes available to the public as well as develop and deliver custom-made curricula for corporate clients and incubators/accelerators across the region.