Derq is an MIT-spinoff with a mission is to eliminate road fatalities using artificial intelligence and V2X technologies. We develop AI-driven software for smart cities and connected & autonomous vehicles, focusing on reducing accidents and saving lives.
As a recent graduate of the prestigious Techstars Mobility ‘17 accelerator program in Detroit and having closed its $1.5m seed round, we are looking to expand our core team to achieve our next set of product and business milestones.
With offices in Detroit and Dubai and strong support from governments and automotive companies, Derq founders combine decades of experience building autonomous and connected vehicles, driver assistance systems, and IoT devices. Derq team hails from MIT, Georgia Tech, and IIT, and has work experience with diverse tech companies like Ford, Siemens, NASA, and governments in the United States, Canada and the Middle East.
Derq is seeking a highly talented and experienced software engineer to help design, develop, and roll out our next generation of V2X software and applications (including Vehicle-to-Vehicle, Vehicle-to-Infrastructure, and Vehicle-to-Pedestrian, etc.) for connected and autonomous vehicles.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to be part of the core team in a rising startup, contributing significantly to the success of the company in a critical role.
APPLY here or by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Dubai (preferably) or remote
– Competitive salary and stock options, along with competitive medical, vision and dental benefits
– ZERO income tax in Dubai
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– BS, MS, or PhD in computer science / engineering, or a related field
– 5+ years of professional work experience as a software engineer
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
– Design and implement advanced software and applications for connected and autonomous vehicles, and connected cities
– Design, develop and deploy scalable infrastructure for applications across a fleet of vehicles and a large number of road locations
– Test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code
– Report directly to the CTO and expected to lead software architecture and development efforts as company grows
– Excellent software development skills using C/C++ on Linux platforms
– Experience architecting systems and hands-on experience with distributed storage systems that span cloud and in-house servers
– Experience with developing test plans, software stress testing, and designing large scale integration test
– Experience writing production quality code and using software development tools (e.g., Git, gdb, etc.)
– Familiarity with different network protocols and security
– Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English
– Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment
– Experience in large automotive or robotics projects
– Experience working with embedded systems with real-time constraints
– Experience with state-of-the-art software development tools and practices for autonomous, connected, and ADAS technologies
– Experience managing cloud-based (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, etc.) and in-house server infrastructure
– Experience with functional and safety-critical requirements in compliance with state-of-the-art automotive standards
– Experience with open source software and libraries
– Experience with mapping, localization, and state estimation using vision, lidar, and/or radar
We are an MIT-spinoff based in Dubai and Detroit, and we develop AI-driven software for smart infrastructure, and connected & autonomous vehicles.
Join us as we build cutting-edge technology to eliminate road accidents and save millions of lives around the world.