The role serves as the first point of contact for visitors and as such is responsible for courteous and informative customer service provision. This includes serving members, guests and others at the front desk of the space, routing incoming calls to appropriate resource(s), and providing administrative support to members and AstroLabs team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Collaborate with Operations Manager and Head of Operations to coordinate, organize and manage the effective operation of the front office inclusive of the daily activities of the space
- Assist visitors with appointments, inquiries, deliveries and others who may have additional needs
- Respond and follow-up on front desk inbound inquiries about AstroLabs which include appointments, phone calls, online chat, emails and walk-ins
- Capture leads from calls, chat and walk-ins
- Handle supply purchases and deliveries for AstroLabs including all consumables (pantry supplies, office supplies, etc.)
Coordinate with service providers like cleaning, internet, security, maintenance, etc. as needed to ensure everything is in working order
- Conduct routine checks to ensure resources are all operational (printers, shared spaces, private meeting rooms, etc.) and space is always clean
- Provide basic technology support such as printer setup and account creation
- Receive, distribute and manage mail/courier shipments
- Handle tracking and maintenance of all physical assets ( electronics and other resources)
- Schedule Training Room bookings for meetups and events
- Manage petty cash and track spending
- Support requests of AstroLabs members timely, and route the out-of-scope ones to relevant team members
- Support Operations Manager in managing logistics surrounding community events and other functions in the space including room set-up, AV requirements, food/refreshments
- Extraversion, drive, and enthusiasm with a serious ‘make it happen’ attitude
- Clear and structured communication with excellent English writing skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with a knack for multitasking
- Being a brand ambassador for AstroLabs and representing the business with a professional and positive attitude at all times
- Comfort with the Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Drive, Sheets, Docs, Forms)
AstroLabs is the region’s premier coworking space and learning academy for digital technology companies. Our mission is to create a thriving technology ecosystem in the MENA region.
AstroLabs Dubai serves as a launchpad for the highest potential technology companies to establish a presence in Dubai and scale up globally. We are a community of entrepreneurs representing over 100 startups building a variety of innovative technologies.
AstroLabs Academy delivers specialized courses on topics in digital business including digital marketing, coding, analytics, big data, UX design, and business development. We regularly run open classes available to the public as well as develop and deliver custom-made curricula for corporate clients and incubators/accelerators across the region.